We are a Malawian NGO working to create lasting change in vulnerable communities in the Chikwawa district of Malawi. Our vision is a society with equal opportunities for all and our mission is to alleviate poverty and create lasting change in vulnerable communities.
Our overall objective is to partner with local support groups and international organisations to deliver community education and projects in four core areas:
- Agricultural development and climate change
- WASH and health
- Education and youth development
- Gender equality and human rights
We offer a number of volunteer opportunities where you can lend a helping hand to the community and learn about the inner workings of a grassroots NGO.
The objectives of the organization are:
- To promote community education through training and awareness programs on the following issues: gender equality, child marriage prevention, youth development, governance and democracy.
- To partner with local, international and governmental organizations and link communities with the expertise and resources required to tackle poverty.
- To improve food security among vulnerable communities through viable agricultural practices, improved storage and management techniques and increase income levels of marginalized groups by establishing agri-business schemes.
- To empower communities in climate change adaptation strategies with special emphasis on community forestation and risk disaster preparedness.
- To improve health and WASH standards through the provision of water, sanitation and hygiene resources, establishment of home based care committees and training of community health workers in HIV/AIDS and safe motherhood programs.
- To promote access to early childhood, primary, secondary and adult education, improve quality and ensure adequate resources.