Roles & Responsibilities:
• Compile and maintain a database of international and local donor organizations (international foundations, bilateral and multilateral agencies and private corporations offering donations)
• Regularly monitor donor websites and identify and inform donor opportunities matching the work of the organization
• Maintain a website and regularly update it with information about organization’s work
• Assist the Director in writing concept notes, project ideas and proposals • Identifying donor opportunities, develop donor database;
• Explore and develop strategies for long-term sustainability of the organization and its interventions;
• Online Volunteers will not be requested to submit any funding request on behalf of our organization.
Leadership & strategy
Resource mobilization, partnership and donor coordination
The Kenya Association for Maternal & Neonatal Health- KAMANEH is a local founded and not for profit Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) registered on 25th September, 1997 under the NGOs Coordination Act under Certificate NO: OP.218/051/95210/820. KAMANEH’s mandate is to identify, address, and prevent complications that arise during pregnancy, labor, delivery, and postpartum periods, and thus ultimately decreasing maternal, infant and child mortality rates in Kenya.
The organization is undertaking pilot Community-Based Maternal and Child healthcare programme in Viwandani urban slums, Nairobi, and in Kisii county rural areas. KAMANEH is seeking to appoint a Project Volunteer fundraiser assigned with following duties. The goal of the project is to improve maternal and child health indicators in Viwandani slums and will specifically increase access to affordable and quality health services for pregnant women, mothers, girls, and children, raise awareness on health issues and create linkages with public and private sector. We are lacking funds to realize our mandate effectively nationally. We are looking for volunteers who can provide technical support.
Volunteers: 6 needed
11-20 hours per week / 12 weeks
• Professionally qualified with a Bachelor of Science in nursing or public health with business administration skills is an asset;
• Ability to work independently and online initiative.
• Commitment to work in compliance with policies and procedures of the organization;
• Conversant with the Sustainable Development Goals 3,2,5 and 6.
• Knowledge in international NGO funding among others.