UNV Online Volunteering service
The Online Volunteering service is one of the United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme’s corporate tools to mobilize volunteers for development.
The Online Volunteering service connects volunteers with organizations working for sustainable human development:
Volunteers contribute their skills online to help organizations address development challenges.
Organizations collaborate with online volunteers over the Internet to strengthen the impact of their development work.
Through the Online Volunteering service, UNV offers:
- A global platform for development organizations to advertise their online volunteering opportunities;
- An easy-to-use opportunity search;
- Robust and user-friendly tools to manage opportunities and volunteers;
- Quality control of the volunteers’ and organizations’ online collaboration;
- Access to experiences, best practices and lessons learned from organizations and volunteers worldwide;
- Expertise in volunteer mobilization, volunteer management and online collaboration;
- The possibility for volunteers and organizations to expand their networks;
- The advantage of the universal reach and neutrality of the United Nations.
Read about the experiences of organizations and online volunteers who have benefited from this free service in the Stories section.