Edit, copyedit and proof-read the draft One UN Annual Report 2016 (approx. 70 pp.) and produce a final version that will be ready for design and publication.
The editing process will include a revision of the table of content, foreword, acronyms, introduction, Key Development Trends, Results Achieved to Date, Operating and Communicating as One, Cross-cutting Issues, Financial Overview, Ebola Virus Disease (outbreak and UN Common Response), Lessons Learned and Way Forward, UN Internal, etc. Deliverables: Produce clean, final edited, copyedited and proofread One UN Annual Report 2016 finalized and available for printing by 15 December 2017.
Writing and editing
Public information and reporting
The United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) 2012-2017 is a five-year strategic document that was launched in February 2012 as the UN in Liberia support to the government national development agenda – the Agenda for Transformation. This document comprises for four pillars in alignment to the Aft with Youth, Gender and Human Rights as cross-cutting issues.
Every year, the UN in Liberia along with the government collectively report against the UNDAF 2012-2017 achievements, challenges, lessons learned and financials (budgets and expenditures) which is called the One UN Annual Report. Three One UN Annual Reports have been developed since the implementation of this UNDAF and another report for 2016 is needed.
Based upon that the Resident Coordinator’s Office (RCO) has developed a draft report and is seeking a qualified UN Online Volunteer to edit, copyedit and proofread the document and come up with a final report before publication.
Volunteers: 1 needed
6-10 hours per week / 2 weeks
• At least 5 years of relevant experience as a Writer/Editor.
• Proven experience in English editing and writing.
• Familiarity with UN and UNDG style and understanding of publication requirements would be an advantage. Previous experience with the UN can only be requested as an advantage.
• The editor must understand the concept of One UN Annual Report and UNDG Reporting requirements.
• Please upload your CV to your application.