We are looking for online volunteers to participate as Ambassadors for the socialprotection.org knowledge-sharing platform. This will involve activities related to providing content, knowledge exchange, networking and promotion of the platform, hosted by the IPC-IG/UNDP. Ambassadors will have their profiles featured on socialprotection.org and receive a certificate for their contribution. Each Ambassador will be assigned tasks depending on their skill set and country/regional expertise.For the 2017 Ambassador Programme the socialprotection.org Team assigns and coordinates the activities. Activities include:
1) Content Provision: Source and classify content relating to recent publications on social protection, currents news, events and job opportunities.
2) Knowledge Exchange and Networking: Sourcing and contributing to institutional updates and webinars.
3) Promotion: Map and update social media profiles of various institutions and networking.
About socialprotection.org: The site’s mission is to be the online focal point of social protection knowledge-sharing and capacity building among a highly inclusive community of social protection practitioners focusing on low and middle-income countries. Socialprotection.org is an unbranded online platform hosted by the International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth (IPC-IG), supported by the Development Working Group of the G20 and financed by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Ministry of Economic Development and Cooperation (BMZ).
- To ensure up-to-date and relevant content regarding the Ambassador’s regional or thematic interests that are available on the site
- To promote and provide opportunities for engagement with the site’s interactive features to the Ambassador’s network
- To increase visibility of socialprotection.org within the Ambassador’s region and/or network
- To facilitate engagement among the social protection communities within the Ambassador’s region/network
- Independent access to the internet
- Basic knowledge in the field of social protection.
- Knowledge of social protection policies and programmes. Experience in South-South Cooperation is an asset.
- Experience in communications, knowledge management, online content production, advocacy and networking or research.
- Fluency in English. Native Spanish and French speakers will be selected for a few key activities.
- Excellent computer skills.